Parenting stress, coping and health related quality of life for parents having children with NDDs in Bangladesh
To find out the level of parenting stress, coping for the stress and QoL of parents having children with neurodevelopment disorders among the Bangladeshi population.
- To identify the level of stress among parents/caregivers having children with neurodevelopment disorders
- To find out the level of health-related QoL among parents/caregivers having children with neurodevelopment disorders
- To determine the coping mechanism and coping status for parenting stress among parents/careers having children with neurodevelopment disorders
- To identify the psychosocial support status (social, institutional, family, national) of the respondents.
- To find out the disease profile of the children with neurodevelopment disorders.
- To find out the socio-demographic characteristics of the respondents.
This study was a cross-sectional study.
Parents of children with a diagnosed neurodevelopmental disorder (NDDs) among the Bangladeshi population were our study population.
In the study, eight upazillas and two city corporations have been randomly chosen from eight administrative divisions of Bangladesh.
OHDIR Foundation has performed the survey in collaboration with Chi Research & Infotec (CRIL). The time period of the survey was January to June 2019. This project was funded by DGHS, Bangladesh.